Clark School students “at the polls.”
Dear WGSD Family,
Over the past few weeks, district students have engaged in a variety of developmentally appropriate lessons and activities in order to help them better understand the critically important roll voting plays in our democracy. Participating in Kids Voting is just one way we help teach students how to understand issues from varied perspectives and how to advocate for what you believe.
Please click on the following link to view a KSDK news story featuring Hixson Middle School students.
Each child, Each day…John
- Congratulations to these former WGHS student athletes who were inducted into this year’s WGHS Sports Hall of Fame last month along with Sam Getz and Angelina Arinze, current student athletes who received the Most Outstanding Student Athlete Awards!
- Over the past few weeks, the WGSD Foundation raised over $50,000 in support of innovative learning opportunities for district students! Thanks to each of you who participated in the Ivory Crockett Run for Webster and/or the Sip and Savor Event. A special “thank you” to Dr. Henry Givens Jr., the featured speaker at this year’s Sip and Savor Event, and Mr. Ivory Crockett, our annual featured speaker to kick off the Run!
- Congratulations to WGHS Junior Claire Kellick who was one of 26 members on the International Youth Advisory Board at the Youth Volunteer Corps Summit in Charleston, SC. this past week.
- Congratulations to Charlie Teeter (23rd) and Brett Krueger (127th) on their strong showings at last week’s state cross country championship!
- New York Times bestselling author Alan Gratz spoke to Hixson Middle School students about his books and the craft of writing!
- “Thank you” to the 790 respondents who completed the recent survey regarding draft options for addressing our district’s enrollment space concerns. To view the responses from that survey, click here.
- As part of a Veterans Week celebration at Webster Groves High School, students got the opportunity for up close looks at a Stuart tank, fighter jet cockpit and a variety of World War I and II equipment. On Thurs., Nov. 8, the school will hold a Veterans Day ceremony focused on the 100th anniversary of the armistice ending World War I. In addition, panels of veterans will speak to students in social studies classes throughout the day.
- The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education recently informed districts that individual results from last spring’s MAP tests will be ready for schools to distribute in December.
- On December 5 at 7 pm, Special School District, Missouri TASH and the Ethical Society of St. Louis are co-hosting a showing of Intelligent Lives. Email email@example.com or call 314-989-7807 to register for this free event.
- Here are some upcoming events taking place in the WGSD: